How to Park & Unpark a Call
Parking and unparking a call means you can place a caller on hold in a designated parking extension. This then allows another employee to pick up the call from any phone in your organization by dialing into the parked extension and unparking it.
How to park a phone call in order to pick it up at another location
- On an established call to your extension press the “Trnsfr” key
- Then press *0 followed by a number of your choosing 0 through 9
- For example, *01 will place the call in the parking space 1, *02 will place the call in the parking space 2, etc. This indicates the number that needs to be dialed to unpark it when ready
How to unpark a call
- From a different phone in the office, you or another employee can pick up the phone and dial *1
- Then follow the *1 with the extension number 0 through 9 that you chose to put the phone call in
- For example, when you parked the call, if you put it in *02, you would unpark it by dialing *12
- Remember *0[0-9] is to put the call on hold and park it while *1[0-9] is to pick up and unpark the call
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to get you connected!
For a short video, check out our YouTube video here about parking and unparking calls.
- How to Setup and make changes to your voicemail
- How to change your communication system password
- How to Start a WebMeeting
- How to setup an Android Phone or Tablet
- How to setup an Apple phone or Tablet
- How to change your Voicemail Pin in 3CX
- How to Connect to Your 3CX System
- How to Instantly Chat in 3CX
- How to Park and Unpark a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Phone Call
- What Happened to Line 1