How to Setup & Make Changes to Your Voicemail
Phone system setup
Your phone system is a software product from a vendor called 3cx. Here is a link to their website www.3cx.com. One of the first, important steps for all new users to do when they are added to the communication system is to setup their voicemail greeting and also create a simple recording of their name called a self ID. This is needed for the “Dial by Name” function on the system for outside callers to locate your extension. If you don’t complete this step then outside callers will not be able to look you up in the Dial by Name directory.
Follow these steps:
- Dial the voicemail extension listed on your welcome email. In most cases this will be 999. If you have a physical phone on your desktop, you can press the voicemail or message button.
- When prompted, enter your PIN followed by #.
- To set up voicemail and self ID, dial “9” then a new list of options will be announced.
- Press “5” to change your self-identification message that will list your name in the Dial by Name directory. Say your First Name and Last name when prompted.
- To record a new message for your voicemail dial 0, then follow the prompts and press # when done, then press 0 to save and exit. Press # to return to the voicemail menu.
- To record a new greeting press 8, then 0 to record new greeting followed by # 0 to save and a # to exit the menu.
- If you don’t like your PIN, you can change it by pressing 7 and follow the prompts to change it.
- When done, press # to return to the main menu or simply hang up.
I hope you find this helpful, but also know that most of the options can be changed just by listening to the messages. If you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to get you connected!
- How to Setup and make changes to your voicemail
- How to change your communication system password
- How to Start a WebMeeting
- How to setup an Android Phone or Tablet
- How to setup an Apple phone or Tablet
- How to change your Voicemail Pin in 3CX
- How to Connect to Your 3CX System
- How to Instantly Chat in 3CX
- How to Park and Unpark a Phone Call
- How to Transfer a Phone Call
- What Happened to Line 1