We know it’s a pain to have to change passwords and meet the requirements, so we are going to list the requirements out here, as well as some tips, recommendations and places you can go to get passwords generated for you that can be easy to remember.
So first the requirements!
- The system is set to remember the last 12 passwords, so no you can’t use the same ones over again. It also won’t let you change it 12 times in a day to get back to using your favorite one.
- It needs to have a length of at least 10 characters, numbers or special characters.
- It can be up to a length of 255 total characters (hint, some folks use a sentence or phrase, The red fox jumped over the wall 3 times.)
- Needs to contain 3 of 4 types listed below.
- English uppercase characters (A through Z).
- English lowercase characters (a through z).
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9).
- Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %).
It also cannot contain parts of a user’s name or logon name.
A good site to help with generating passwords is DinoPass.com.
— caution these links are to 3rd party sites and we can not guarantee that they will always be available . If you notice a link is broken, please let us know at the Helpdesk.
- How to change my Cloud Desktop password
- Password Change Requirements and where to change them
- How to reset your password using OWA
- How to change my 3cx Web Client Password
- How to Create a Password Protected Word Document